Summer-time
I know the summer can be boring, so I'm keeping my eyes open for some interesting things going on. Work has been really really really slow lately. I am basically relying on patients to undergo in vitro fertilization in order to get some human samples to do my research experiments. My work can't move forward without samples, and we're going through a two week drought right now. But I guess it's a good thing that there aren't a whole lot of women having fertility problems, so I'm not feeling that bad about it. Anyways, I have so much free time that I'm taking the day off tomorrow. It's Boon's last day in London before he takes his vacation with his family (minus his father) and goes home to Malaysia. I am going to get a haircut. My hair is way too long...I manage to only get my hair cut twice a year, once during the Christmas holidays and once during the summer. I am torn between keeping it long or going dramatically short. Well, we'll see after tomorrow. I'll post a before and after picture.
Tonight I went to a dinner associated with my lab. During the day I went to a Research Awards Day where two PhD students from my lab presented their work. I was very proud and impressed by their presentations and tonight was a recognition night for grad students, post docs and obs/gyn residents. Props to Amanda and Caroline (both from my lab) who won awards, first and third place respectively! Afterwards, I kicked "someone's" ass in ping pong. I won't mention who for fear of humiliating him/her. I guess badminton doesn't translate well into all other racquet sports.
Funny thing I saw the other day while driving...at the corner of Oxford and Wonderland, while stopped at a stop light, I saw this fat guy walking very cautiously with a camera in his hands on the grass to the right of the street. I couldn't tell why he was walking so slowly, but I'd never seen a big man tiptoe so gracefully. However, whatever he was sneaking up on probably would have seen him easily given the BRIGHT YELLOW SHIRT he was wearing hahaha. Way to be covert. It turns out that he was sneaking up on a groundhog coming out of its burrow. Aw! I guess I learned 2 things from this: 1, groundhogs must have very bad eyesight, 2, I've been wanting to take a picture of a groundhog that lives by my work, if a big guy wearing a yellow t-shirt can do it, so can I.
OK I'm going to watch America's Next Top Model (ANTM) now. Only 4 girls remaining: Naima, Kahlen, Keenya and Brittany. I taped the show, so obviously one girl has already been kicked off by now, but I'll make a prediction (and I didn't cheat by looking it up on the internet). I think that Keenya will be kicked off tonight and I'm hoping that Naima is still in. This show looked really juicy from previews, lots of cat-fights I hope! Man I love this show!!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home