Welcome cold weather
Gypsy skirts, go away!
OK those flossy cotton, layered skirts must go. Who started this trend? Is it all of the sudden cool to be a gypsy? It's like fashion gone wrong. I'll admit, when something new comes out, it seems cool at first. But then some stores take a hold of it and morph it into this marketing knock-off and boom it's everywhere. For instance, trucker hats. Then there's Ugg boots. Rubber wrist bands. It's called the "Titanic Effect". Can you remember hearing Celine Dion belting her vocal cords out..."yooooou're heeeeeeeere, there's noooooothiiing I feeeeear"...and week after week after week of hype around the movie and hearing Celine...oh Celine. For at least a month I was afraid to turn on my radio for fear of being reminded of Titanic. Mind you, Titanic was a good movie. In retrospect, I probably even shed a tiny tear. But am I ever glad that the weather is starting to get cooler (even though I get cold easily and I hate cold weather) because you can't wear skirts. In theory. So let's raise a glass and say goodbye to the gypsy. Please.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home