Thursday, June 01, 2006

Chivalry is dead

You know what, all of this talk about gender equality is a bunch of bull. Sure we have been given the vote; we get the opportunity to compete for the same jobs as men. We can wear pants, but we can also wear skirts too. We can bring home the bacon, cook it and eat it too. Being called a bitch is a good thing - it means we're powerful.

BUT until men take the surname of women after marriage, we don't truly live in a gender equal society.

Until that happens, men need to step up to the plate with some chivalry. What ever happened to treating a woman with respect? Romance? Manners? With all the other things that men do to boost their ego, like working out, bragging to their friends, making lots of money, owning superficial possessions, maybe taking care of his woman should also be something that they consider as contributing to his manhood.

****************************************************************************

I think I'm taking the train from now on. I hate the Greyhound. As we all know, we'd rather sit by ourselves on the bus. This way we can put our stuff on the other seat, maybe put our feet up, and also avoid talking to people, especially creepy and smelly people. Anyhow, I was so close to achieving this when some guy comes to the back of the bus where I was sitting. He probably passed 15 potential seats, but he chose to sit beside me. Nevermind that my bag and purse were sitting on the chair beside me, and I made sure to stare out of the window so as to avoid making eye contact. Might I add that I was also listening to my minipod. All the tricks of the trade. Anyhow, he has the audacity to pick up my purse and he says, "Is this your purse?" He hands it to me, and motions with his eyes for me to move my other bag. WHAT THE HELL? What a jerk. He could have sat down beside anybody else. He didn't even ask if he could sit there? It's called being polite. My bag was sitting there, jerk. He was a pretty young guy, probably around my age. Very grumpy, and I do recall a foul stench coming from him. Like I said, chivalry is dead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web hit counter