Random
When the weather report is unreliable, I start to lose faith in the system. Just before leaving my place in the morning, I turned on the tele to see what the weather forecast of the day would be. Rain, they called for. So I grabbed my umbrella so as not to repeat what happened yesterday when I went out to study - it was drizzling rain, I had no umbrella and I had to run back upstairs to get it.
Today, umbrella in tow, I made my way downstairs and the lady in the elevator informed me that the weather prospects looked to be sans rain. Alas, the sun was shining when I got out the front door. I really should have just looked out my window... Still I carried my rather non-compact umbrella to school. Perhaps the rain would come later in the day. Anyhow, I like my umbrella. It's got a gimmicky contraption to it. It's got a retractable plastic covering that is convenient for closing over the closed umbrella once you get indoors, therefore keeping the water from transferring to your clothes or anywhere else. This umbrella is quite a novelty, a find from Chinatown, San Fran. No matter where I go with it, the umbrella always receives curious or funny looks.
Today though, when I brought it to school, one of my classmates made a comment about the umbrella. She said, "We call the plastic cover 'the umbrella condom'." Arrrr...call it a sock, a hat, a shield, but not a condom! Hearing that said changes everything, it somewhat devalues what it is. I can't look at my umbrella the same way!
*************************************************************************************
Talking to another classmate tonight, she was telling stories about her Lavalife dating experience. She said that she basically had a date from hell. She was pretty well uninterested in the guy from the get-go. They had less things in common than a door knob and jello, and thought she was giving off the "I'm not interested" signs. Apparenty he didn't catch on because he tried to give her a massage during dinner at a restaurant, walked her home, and sent a post-date "can I see you again?" e-mail. Once again proving the observation that guys don't understand subtle hints. Needless to say, that was enough to turn her off from Lavalife forever. On the contrary, there are a couple of other girls in my class who have had success with Lavalife, which I guess goes to show that normal people do try out internet dating (at least on the female side). However, the whole idea still scares the crap out of me, and therefore something I would only try if all traditional methods fail.
************************************************************************************
Bless Oprah Winfrey for saying things that people just need to hear. It's no wonder that she has such a huge female following because she (and the guests on her show) says things that are so poignantly true, mainly from the female perspective. If men believe that they can't figure out the female species and need some window into her world, I would suggest watching Oprah. I don't watch her show regularly, but when I do, I'll be the first to admit that I like it a lot. Sometimes you might just pick up a tid-bit of good advice.
Here's one: "To keep your relationship strong and connected, tell your significant other one thing that you appreciate about them every day."
************************************************************************************
Well it's off to dream-land for me. These days, I actually don't look forward to sleeping that much. My dreams seem to take control. It's not as though I don't enjoy sleeping, but my dreams have been so real in my mind that sometimes when I wake up, it takes me a while to realize that I was just dreaming and for the residual feeling left behind from the dream to wear off. The line between fantasy and reality seem to blur into one big state of confusion. "Did I actually say that? Did I actually experience that?" I often ask myself when I wake up. I'm afraid one day I'll be telling a story about myself, only to realize it was something I actually dreamt! Ahh, I wonder what it will be tonight....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home