Sunday, May 15, 2005

Collect Call

Hello?? Who's out there? If you're reading this be sure to say hello, leave a message ok? Then I know not to talk about you, just kidding!

So Keenyah is still on ANTM, and Brittany got kicked off on Wednesday. Brittany was annoying at first, but I grew to like her. I'm just happy that Naima is still around. It was a close one though.

I saw In Good Company on Friday at Hollam's. It was so good that I fell asleep near the ending. It was especially worth rewinding 2 times when I fell asleep again so that I could see it.

Well I decided to get my hair cut and considering that I had about 7 inches cut off, I am rather untraumatized. While Bernice, a senior stylist at Entrenous, was lopping my hair off, my cell phone rang and it was "Kelly" telling me that I had won a trip for four to Orlando and if I wanted to hear more about it, to press 7. I would really love to take a vacation and Kelly sounded like a very nice person but I think by now, we all know that it's just a scam to somehow get access to my account in order to make collect calls at my expense. So I didn't press 7. Given that I don't have caller ID on my cell phone, I am duped into picking up all my calls. In other words, I can't screen my calls (isn't that evil?), and despite hanging up imediately after hearing "Hi, my name is Kelly..." my minutes are being wasted. Whoever this Kelly is, I want to track her down and "thank" her personally!

So by the time I finished hanging up, 4" of my hair was on the floor. But I was ready for a change. I had been to Entrenous 4 years ago to get an up-do for prom, but never for a haircut. It is pricier than what I am used to but I would rather pay more and ensure my hair looks good. Besides, Bernice also had an assistant (coincidentally named Kelly) who gave me a massage. Yes! "You really don't looked worried" said Bernice as another 3" came off. Meh, no big deal.

My lab manager, as someone who hardly notices when someone has a hair change, said he liked my cut. You be the judge.

I went to DoubleDown afterwards to look at some clothing, but basically to watch Boon try on some jeans. I don't usually find anything there that really suits my own style. And if I do, it doesn't fit. I'm probably branded as the girl with Boon who never buys anything. I can see them having nicknames for everyone.

A dream I had the other day involving my high school friends compelled me to call Mezie, a good friend from hs. This summer could very well be my last few months in London before I move on to another city for school. It was good to talk to her. I had another dream today, that I was in high school again. It was the first day of class and I couldn't find my homeroom. Whenever I asked my friends, they all seemed distant and weren't being very helpful. I woke up feeling a little sad. It's time to catch up with my old friends again.

I went to Toronto yesterday to help my sister move her stuff back home. I must admit I wasn't really much help. But, welcome home sister! I was also able to pick up a little cat from the Humane Society to foster for few weeks. He needs to be socialized to humans. Poor thing hasn't come out from its carrier since he got here except to eat and pee, when I'm not around of course. He doesn't have a name yet. Got any suggestions? Well he's a sweet little guy, not a kitten, but not full grown yet.

Scaredy Cat Posted by Hello

Tonight's my first fastball game. I hope that it goes well considering I've only been to one practice so far. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

(I wish I was in Washington right now)

"He's got little dick syndrome." ~ Mezie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web hit counter