Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Parent-isms

I went home this weekend for Chinese New Year and had a pleasant dinner with the family. Not much of this dinner resembled anything Chinese other than there were Chinese people sitting at the table. We ate pan-seered beef tenderloin with scallops and proscuitto, mashed potatoes, potato slivers and long beans.

Anyways, interesting conversation topics ensued including this one:

Mom: "Hey did you see the fish?"
(We just got two new beta fish aka Siamese fighting fish).
Me: "Yeah I did."
Dad: "You can open that divider and they puff up."
Me: "I tried it already actually."
Mom: "Did you hear what Dad wants to do with the old fish?"
(We have 4 elderly fish that have been in our family for over a year now).
Me: "Uh, no," looking at Sister and Mom with curiosity.
Mom: "Dad wants to flush them down the toilet because they're too old."
Me: "What do you mean? Flush them alive?"
Mom: "Dad says they're old, and they're ugly."
Dad: "They're not as pretty anymore. They don't have that brilliance."
Me: "What?? Is that what you want me to do to you when you get old? Instead of taking care of you or putting you into a nursing home, you want me to flush you down the toilet?? 'Sorry, you're old, I don't want to look at you anymore, FLUSSSSHHH.'"

HAHAHA What funny parents I have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web hit counter