Friday, July 14, 2006

Richard Simmons lives in me

I've been working out rather regularly these days. Or at least I've tried to maintain some sort of impetus to wanting to exercise, notwithstanding the break that I had to take in order to find a new condo (pat myself on the back). Usually when I'm too tired or bored of going to the gym to do weights, I'll at least go for a run ie a 4km stretch along busy Toronto streets. Working out and playing sports are completely different beasts. I love playing sports, having the competitive spirit, a goal to reach for, the technical aspect, the never-ending quest for self-improvement, and the fun with teammates. Being in the gym is like a chore. But I find that I'm enjoying the gym more and more as long as I incorporate some variety. The classes have been pretty good...they are challenging and I'm able to push myself because you look like a dumbass when you're trying to cheat on the exercises with other people around. Even if they aren't looking at you, their presence makes it harder to give up. When I run on the track I play games with people. I find someone who runs at a faster pace than I do and I let them gain a good lead for about 7-8 laps, then when I'm ready to pick up the pace, I play catch-up. I imagine that I'm in a race and there's 200 metres to go to the finish line...time to bring on the sprint and my goal is to pass this person before the end. When I pass the person, I do a victory dance and say "booyah, in your face sucka!".....in my head! When I'm doing weights I try not to make stupid faces, you know the ones where you scrunch your nose and squeeze your lips together. I'm a woman, and no matter what I'm doing, I gotta look good! haha. Or maybe I'm just not pushing myself as hard as I could. Anyhow, I tried the Stairmaster for the first time today and in 15 minutes, I worked off 68 Calories! In related news, I looked up a Coconut Macaroon recipe to use up some left-over coconut shreds. The energy intake, 74 Calories. That's for one cookie.

A little about myself: I can never eat just one cookie. This whole exercise thing is futile.

1 Comments:

At 3:21 PM, Blogger Moxy said...

I on the other hand, hate working out. And I love eating. Problems? YAY high metabolism! Boo to being out of shape.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

web hit counter