Sunday, February 18, 2007

How cute.

I went to the Raptor's game last Wednesday. They are doing pretty well these days. I must admit, I'm not really into basketball that much, but I'm an overall sports fan so I can appreciate it. It was actually a lot of fun. I had an over-priced sausage while I was there, and the seats we got were amazing. I could actually see the player's faces and I think Vince Carter could actually hear the boos from where we were sitting.

The best part was during one of the time-outs for commercial break. They do their best to keep the fans entertained at all times, so the dancers usually come on the court or there is some kind of competition or prize to win. One of the contests was a "spin the bottle" sponsored by Smirnoff. They had this woman come onto the the middle of the court as a contestant. When the bottle stopped it landed on "two free Smirnoff Ice vests". When she got that prize. I was thinking, damn that sucks.

Just at that moment, the announcer gives her the opportunity to take that prize or take whatever is underneath this big gift-wrapped box. I was thinking, anything's better than the Smirnoff vests, even if there was nothing under the box.

So we were all yelling "box, box, box!" So she chooses what's under the box, and underneath it was this jewellery box...awesome!!!!! I was thinking, what a smart girl, she got some real ice.

THENNNNN, her boyfriend comes out onto the floor and grabs the microphone. He tells her how much he loves her and that he can't wait to spend the rest of his life with her - and he proposes!!!! OMG, that was sooooooo sweeeeet, and soooooo unexpected. Well, I didn't see it coming, and the woman looked very happy. I was happy for her :)

Can you imagine if she chose to keep the vests?

2 Comments:

At 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

can you imagine if she had of said no, that wouldnt be good at all

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Lesley said...

No, that would suck. But I think that she would have said yes no matter what...just to save face.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

web hit counter