OCD
Recently I have had a compulsion whenever I get near to a computer to check 1. e-mail 2. my other e-mail 3. facebook 4. who's been on my blog. That's right, I have two e-mail addresses. Most people consolidate their e-mail addresses by forwarding mail to a single address, but I actually prefer having more than one e-mail address. It gives me more to things to check :) Plus there's the invisible line drawn between the uses of my addresses...business (aka anything school related) and pleasure. In actuality, I have three e-mail addresses, but the other one, though it is not very useful, I kind of like it because it is the one e-mail address that is tamed, ie. I have very few e-mails go to that address. So, though my e-mail boxes are very cluttered, I have a superficial sense of organization!
The problem with my compulsion to obsess (or is it my obsession to compulse?) is that I know I'm not going to get any new information if I just checked the internet an hour earlier. With that knowledge, I anticipate that nothing new will arrive...and it is slightly disappointing. But I suppose that on the off-chance that I get a new mail, it's that much better. Lately I have been enjoying being away from a computer long enough to only check the internet once a day - it's like opening all of your Christmas presents at once on Christmas morning...and who isn't excited about that?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home