Thursday, November 24, 2005

People still wear skirts in this weather!

Boo-hiss it's cold outside. It's -8 degrees right now. Snow is on the ground, I almost slipped on ice today. And I think I caught a little sniffle from having to walk to and fro for our community visits.

Mistaken identity. I ran into somebody in the lobby of my building whom I met the night previous. I made some small chat but then I slowly started to realize that he has no clue who I was. He started to talk about stuff that I had no clue about: control-something, free dinners and some other course. The ride up the elevator thankfully was only 4-storeys before I could get off and avoid talking about more about stuff that made no sense. It was about the 2nd floor by the time I thought about saying something like, dude what are you talking about, are you thinking that I am somebody else? There's always the trade-off between being honest or avoiding an awkward social situation with someone you hardly know for the sake of being friendly. Well I don't see myself running into him some time soon. And if I do, I can pretend we never had said conversation because he probably won't remember me hehe.

I've been thinking about some of the useful things that I need or want lately and I've assembled short list of useful gifts ;) teehee:
*Footstool - I saw this portable one that a lady took out of her purse in the White Oaks Mall food court to prop her feet while she ate fast food.
*Earmuffs - This is not a euphemism for anything, real earmuffs. I think earmuffs look absurd, but I really really need to get some ear coverage in the cold weather. Although..I did like these ones we used to have as kids, covered in bunny fur, but it squeezed the hell out of my head so it hurt to wear. Bunnies were getting their revenge.
*A sweet ass sewing machine - The kind that has a gentle purrrrrr, has 40 different settings and is heavy duty enough to handle jeans while delicate enough to handle schiffon or spandex.

(And this list will keep growing...)

1 Comments:

At 3:00 AM, Blogger Moxy said...

I still wear those earmuffs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

web hit counter