Culmination
I just walked home from the Medical Education Centre and it's 2am. The crazy thing was that there were snowflakes in the air! I do love that downtown Toronto kinda reminds me of London late at night...quiet and serene. Great for thinking walks.
I have been working on my research project all day and there is so much left to do. Everybody is complaining about their project, and while I also find it to be a really tedious and contrived exercise, I actually don't mind doing it (other than the time involved and distraction from my other obligations). Maybe it's because it feels similar to my summer job and I'm used to it (but getting paid for it) and probably it's because I have a good grasp of my research topic and I actually like what I'm doing. That is, the pilot testing of a functional clothing line that was designed for breast cancer patients who suffer from lymphedema. Don't know what that is??? Doesn't matter....it involves clothes!
Why am I so behind you ask? Because my friggin life has been so busy in the last 3 weeks. I'm not really complaining...I think it has been a relatively 'good' busy. But nevertheless...I don't sleep much and I have piles of work ahead of me. The pressure will be off once my exam is over next next Friday. Wait, I haven't even started to study for that yet.
Anyhoo, the last 24 hours has been like multi-tasking galore. I went to a conference in the morning, to which my supervisor seemed surprised to see me there. WHYYYYYY did I go if she didn't even seem to care that I went??? Anyway, it was beneficial for me to go.
Then I was shuttled off to the next engagement: Birchmount Stadium for the women's flag football championships against Trinity.
XX
This pic is funnier than the other one so I am using it. Everyone looks so random. Katherine and Kate are missing.
Points of interest in the game: WE WON, WE WON, WE WONNNNNNNNNN (26-12); Yashi broke her right index finger on the fifth play of the game; Adina caught 2 passes; I scored 3 TDs again :); and we got a snazzzzy blue intramurals T-shirts for being the champs! A spectator has a videotape of the game so I can't wait to see it, replete with his wiley sideline comments. I can't believe that I actually had butterflies before the game. It's been a while.
XX
Then it was off to this:
XX
Andrea and I in front of the art display.
The Earthtones concert and art auction where I ended up doing WAAYYY more than I expected to do. It seems as though the organization could have been better, and there should have been more people designated to do specific tasks. I found that people kept coming up to me and asking me what they should be doing to solve this and that problem, even though all I was responsible for was the artist registration and dropping-off of artwork. My job was supposed to start and end before the concert even began. Maybe it was because I was wearing a tie and looked like "management" as Rahim A. put it. HAHA. Well it was a fun-filled/stress-filled day all in all! Oh and 'Mingus' was sold....goodbye my friend.
More busy days ahead!

1 Comments:
Glad to know you're keeping busy...I can't wait to see that video either. Brings back memories when you pretended to go to Western so you could play on our intramural team.
Post a Comment
<< Home