What I did this weekend
I made a painting on Friday night to donate to a silent art auction being held during a school charity concert next Saturday. It only took me 5 hours to complete, which is pretty good for me. The painting is pretty small (8" x 10") anyhow so it came together really quickly. This painting is called 'Mingus' - based off of a photograph of Charles Mingus. Clearly, this is the subject matter that I am the best at doing, especially when compared to my last pitiful attempt at floral subjects. I also managed to watch the whole first season of Prison Break too. It started out as I was painting, but I ended up finishing the season throughout various different times during the rest of the weekend.
It looks like this auction is going to be much better than last year's in terms of submissions from donators and publicity. I am helping out with getting artists registered and collecting the artwork. Now it is just a waiting game to see how people actually respond to it on Saturday.
************************************************************************************

'Mingus'
2006
2006
************************************************************************************
In other news: our women's flag football team played in the semis today and we had the BEST time! It was seriously the most amusing game ever. We were arguing with refs, roughing up the other team and well, I got roughed up myself too. But it was all in the spirit of football, which is clearly a contact sport. I scored 3 touchdowns! Woohoo! Coming in as underdogs, we ended up beating the first-ranked team handily and next weekend is the finals. I'll keep you posted.
In my endeavor to try out as many different restaurants as I can, Natasha and I ended up at Zyng on Yonge St. for a post-football lunch. As you can tell, we were pretty tired by the time we finished eating. This is what we had to eat: (I had chicken Sen Mee with spicy peanut sauce)
In other news: our women's flag football team played in the semis today and we had the BEST time! It was seriously the most amusing game ever. We were arguing with refs, roughing up the other team and well, I got roughed up myself too. But it was all in the spirit of football, which is clearly a contact sport. I scored 3 touchdowns! Woohoo! Coming in as underdogs, we ended up beating the first-ranked team handily and next weekend is the finals. I'll keep you posted.
In my endeavor to try out as many different restaurants as I can, Natasha and I ended up at Zyng on Yonge St. for a post-football lunch. As you can tell, we were pretty tired by the time we finished eating. This is what we had to eat: (I had chicken Sen Mee with spicy peanut sauce)

1 Comments:
Did you smell like chicken Sen Mee with spicy peanu sauce for the rest of the day? That place is sooo pungent.
Post a Comment
<< Home