The meaning of family
Who can you rely on in times of crisis? A close friend? A classmate/co-worker? Who will ask for nothing in return when you really need help or a favour? The only true answer to this is family.
So what does family mean to you? Family means comfort, unconditional love, they see you for who you really are, and whether or not they judge you, I should hope that they have your best interests in mind. They are there to give you advice, to "have your back" so to speak and to be there for you when things get rough, or good. To stick up for you. To be an observer.
Whose opinion of you never changes despite hearing something that contradicts their opinion. To make you feel like you are the most important person in the world. To boost your confidence. To make you feel good about yourself. They help you to have a good laugh. They know your likes and dislikes. They can predict you. To tell it like it is. They don't need material goods to show their love.Who is family? Family is in it for the long haul. Stick together, love each other.
There is nothing like separation from your loved ones to realize how much they mean to you. And how much you rely on them. I've been asking myself, now that I live in Toronto, who do I turn to in an emergency. I think the real answer is myself. It's a really daunting thought, and it scares the hell out of me, especially when I don't have family around. But I think I'll get used to it.....eventually.
These pics were taken at Algonquin Park (Sept. 30) and Ipperwash Beach, I think (August).

2 Comments:
its just too bad that some people dont/cant have the good relationships with their families, and well the people who refuse to have a good relationship, but have the opportunity too, well I dont really have the time of day for them
I will be the first to admit that there have been times when I neglected my family. There's always time to change.
Post a Comment
<< Home