Thursday, September 14, 2006

Celebs coming out of my...

This last week has been amazing. I love the start of school. I wish that it could be the start of school every 2 or 3 months. It feels so fresh. No real stresses or worries for the first couple of weeks and in the mean time I've been able to do a lot of things outside of classes, seminars and clinical courses. It almost feels like undergrad again...almost.

Most notably, I went to a few films for the Toronto International Film Festival this year. Even though it took a lot of planning, in the end it was well worth it! The experience this year was much better than last year - I saw Black Sun, a doc about a French painter who lost his sight when he was mugged in NY. If you can imagine, the movie was told from his perspective so most of the movie was filmed as blurred images. I tried so hard to resist sleeping, but it was inevitable!I saw three movies this year, and even though they are due to be released in theatres soon, it was an adventure that I would for sure want to repeat next year. Plus I got to see some celebs. I think it is celebs week for me. I am fortunate to be living near the Sutton Place where they have hordes of press conferences. I happened to be walking by when a whole bunch of people were gathering on the side-walk. Then I saw people running from the side-door to the front-door and back again. Something was definitely stirring, so I hung around for about 5 minutes and then some truck/SUVs with tinted windows pulled up to the hotel. Then the door opened and people were swarming someone - it was apparently Sean Penn, whom I did not get a chance to see. Then out came Kate Winslet. I tried in desperation to get out my camera phone, but alas...not enough memory to take a photo ?!? (Thanks sis for taking those random photos on my phone). Anyhow I was so close to her...like 6 feet away. Even though I felt like one of those paparazzi's, it was kind of fun. I think I can see the appeal in it hehehe. Oh I also saw James Gandolfini. AND, at the screening of Stranger Than Fiction, Dustin Hoffman, Emma Thompson and Will Ferrell were there. So cool!

I would recommend seeing all of the movies I went to. Watching The Last Kiss was a bit disturbing though. It got me pretty worked up. Arg! All you lame-o men, get your act together.

I liked Babel. I liked that Brad Pitt's role didn't take over the entire film. It was interesting to see how the separate stories were all interwoven.

Stranger Than Fiction was probably my least favourite movie. It was a bit boring at times and I didn't really like Dustin Hoffman's part, but the concept was hilarious.

On another celeb note, Beyonce and John Mayer are in town for free concerts at Dundas Square....I think I will try to go in order to round off Celebs week.

1 Comments:

At 11:38 PM, Blogger Lesley said...

OMG Someone in my class saw Brad Pitt at the screening of Babel and got his autograph and a pic!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

web hit counter