Dum, dum, dum-dum...all dressed in white.
Amanda's wedding this weekend was fabulous. I should also add that it was the anniversary of my parents' wedding as well. 34 years baby! Mom, Dad, I'm so proud of you hehe. And to think, I almost wasn't born...
Anyhow, the completion of my outfit came together the week before the wedding. I got a great pair of shoes to match my dress, a beautiful necklace and bracelet set and then I got my nails done as well. The day of the wedding, I went with Amanda to get our hair and make-up done. The make-up was stellar, but my hair could have been better. That's what happens when you don't prepare by choosing a style prior to getting your hair done. It's hard being such a girlie girl. Hair, make-up, nails, hair, shoes, accessories, dress, shall! I can only afford to do it once in a while, literally. It all turned out well though. Will post pics soon. I might also add, that the colour scheme was super-duper. Pink, orange and peach. Whoa, it was so much better than I expected...and all based on my dress too!
For most of the week I was a bit too pre-occupied with writing a speech. I was really worried about it because my one friends told me a story of how he heard a wedding speech from a guy who thought he could wing it, but he totally bombed instead. This was the one thing he really remembered about that wedding. I didn't want to be that person. So I toiled and toiled...I thought about how I wanted to approach it. Someone told me to speak from the heart...I tried that for a bit, but it seemed to be too serious. Admittedly, I don't know too much about the groom, so someone else suggested that I just talk mostly about the bride. But then I found out at the rehearsal dinner that the best man didn't want to speak. Dilemma.
I ended up remembering anecdotal things and somehow it turned into a really light and funny speech when it was all said and done. I was still writing it 2 hours before the wedding. But it turned out well, and I got a great response. Phew. Don't want to do that again.
The wedding was short and sweet though - the way a wedding should be. It was an afternoon wedding with less than 50 guests. A short reception followed, during which we had speeches, cut the cake, played a couple of games and had the bouquet toss (I didn't catch it).
This whole wedding thing was fun and interesting, but I'm also glad that it's over. Just the planning alone is enough to give you grey hairs and the potential cost can be daunting.
I think I'm going to elope.

1 Comments:
I'm with you on eloping...although I DO want to wear a fabulous wedding gown. Maybe I can just try some on and get my fix.
Wait, gotta work on finding a husband first.
Post a Comment
<< Home