Sunday, August 27, 2006

School. No, that other thing, Career.

In the time it took me to get through to a Rogers tech support operator, I sprayed my suede slippers, made another phone call and hung a painting. I thought maybe everyone else was having the same internet problems as I was, but after talking to the operator, I realized that all I needed to do was to push the standby button on my modem. Damn, that was stupid! I started to get mad at myself but then I realized, hey, this was something I didn't know about before...am I ever getting savvy with electronics :)

Woohoo, I got a pair of pink Kate Spade slingbacks for $49! The original price was $420. Who would buy shoes for four hundred dollars? Tell me, who?

So tomorrow's the first day back to school. I feel I ought to stop calling it school. It really is my career we are talking about. This is it; this is what I'll be doing for the rest of my life. If I approach it in this manner, I'll start to smarten up and have a more mature outlook on things. The theme of this year: perspective.

Always keep the big picture in mind, and frequently evaluate what it is that I am doing, why I am doing it, where I am, and others around me.

9 Comments:

At 11:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

at the rate Im going I think I will find myself in school for a career. Ive already done 4 years of post-secondary school, 4 more years than I ever intended to, and I see at the very least another 3 in the near future. When will it all stop.

 
At 12:23 AM, Blogger Lesley said...

If you look at school like a career, then it's the beginning of things and not so much a countdown to when it begins.

Now the most relevant question: what am I going to wear tomorrow?

 
At 6:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, I wasnt prepared for that question.

Maybe something green?

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Lesley said...

I ended up going with a pink T and jeans. Classy.

 
At 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh I see I see, as long as pink isnt worn with brown, thats all that matters.

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Lesley said...

Are you serious? Pink and brown are hot together! So are blue and brown, and turquoise and brown.

 
At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

pink and brown are just so over done, Im a big fan of baby blue and brown, cause only the really 'good' people do it.

 
At 12:41 AM, Blogger Moxy said...

yeah I know about your aversion to pink and brown...I've done it before many times...but never baby blue and brown. Maybe I'll wear that tomorrow.

 
At 7:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

keep me posted.....lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

web hit counter