I am 25 years young.
To start off, a mom quote. While commenting on my "tan" she goes, "you should wear pink, that way you won't look so yellow." God I love it.
I think an 18-year old hit on me the other day. Here's how it went down. I was getting some dinner at Tim Horton's on the way to watching a movie at a friend's house. I ordered a medium french vanilla and a chicken salad sandwich. He asked me if I wanted a donut to make it a combo and I didn't really feel like eating a donut so I joked and said "no, I'm watching my weight". It took him a couple of seconds to pick up on the fact that I was joking and then he tried to joke back by saying "we're out of chicken...just kidding." I didn't find that very funny but I decided to just laugh to make him feel better. Anyhow, there is usually another person who makes the food while someone at the cash register takes the order. As I was waiting for my food to be made, the cashier comes over to the sandwich area and takes over. I'm thinking, great, some more awkwardness. So as he's making my sandwich he says "where are you from?" I just tell him I'm from London so he can't ask me where in Toronto I live. Then he asks "how old are you?" I told him I'm 24, thinking that would deter him from thinking he could ask me out because I was sure that I was much older than him. Then he says "oh, just the right age for me." What a slick 18-year old. Then he has the nerve to ask me if I have a boyfriend. Ladies, for the record always say that you have a boyfriend, even if you don't. So when I told him that I do, he says "oh I'm too late." I was tempted to point at my two male friends who were waiting for me and to say that one was my bf and the other was my brother so he would get off my back hahaha. Even after that, he asked me to come back to that Timmy's to see him again! Ay, not happening! He even messed up my order and gave me tuna instead. My friends were convinced that I distracted him.
Now that I've joined the quarter century club, I will definitely be thankful that I have my youthful looks (well, maybe in another 5 years I'll be thankful). I went to this place called Mythic Grill on Albert St, a new Greek restaurant that opened up in London. We ordered several things from the menu and I was impressed by what I ate. The atmosphere is like finer dining but it is not very pretentious with fancy napkins and dishes and presentations. It's Greek food after all. The host/waiter was very generous and accomodating too. I had the Greek Village salad and a spread platter for appetizers and for the entree I had Paidakias (lamb chops). I would definitely go back there again. Their pita bread is addictive!
*************************************************************************************
"If you are moody all the time, how can anyone tell when you are actually miserable?"

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home