Saturday, March 03, 2007

Second-hand smoke.

Holy crap it smells in here. I'm at home right now, it's almost 2AM and I can't sleep because my dad burned something on the stove and the entire house reeeeeeks. I was actually tempted to phone up a friend to sleep at their house. Since I'm still awake, I thought I'd write something.

Isn't it frustrating when someone has got you completely wrong? Sometimes it can be annoying, other times it can be a good challenge to be able to prove someone wrong. A classmate said to me the other day, and I'm paraphrasing, "wow, your nails are crazy, I didn't expect that from you." My nails were bright pink. Since when is the colour of your nail polish an open interpretation of your personality? I have always been a fan of bright colours, I'm not one to shy away from wearing them in my clothes as well. But does someone have to be loud to wear bright colours, or conversely, can only boring people wear neutrals? I found her comment to be quite puzzling. I wasn't sure whether it was attack on my taste or on my personality...but so not to blow things out of proportion, it was probably a completely useless comment that had no substance behind it at all. OK that's it, I'm not analyzing it any more.

That reminds me of the time when my old softball coach scoffed when he heard that I wanted to be a doctor. Sucker.

I dunno what I want to do for the March Break. I definitely want to make the most of it because holidays will be few and far between in the coming years. I'm thinking....a last minute trip to California? I don't want to do the resort thing, they are way too cliche/boring. I guess the main criteria would be warmth...been longing for it to be warm. The latest snow storm was pretty awesome though. Or maybe a road trip to Montreal again. We shall see.

It's so nice to be home sometimes, to get away from every day life. I actually don't feel guilty staying up late when I'm here. I haven't thought about class once yet. I have so much space!! I was driving around the GTA last weekend (Scarborough and Thornhill) and it occurred to me how much I missed the suburbs, space, convenience of stores everywhere, real life. Downtown is such a bubble. You feel like a different person there. At least I do.

In other downtown news, the multi-storey condos that were being planned for across the street have been nixed due to overwhelming protests against it!!!! Yaaaaay, my view lives on.

1 Comments:

At 1:07 AM, Blogger Moxy said...

Thank god, I don't want to lose my parking spot.

And....you never told me you were thinking of going away for March break....you gotta let me know about these things...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

web hit counter