Beauty Shots
The ANTM finale repeated yesterday and I finally found out who was chosen as America's Next Top Model! Naima was the winner. She's cool, edgy, beautiful and high-fashion says Tyra Banks. I have to agree. I actually yelled out "yes!" when she won, I'm such a geek. Kahlen was the runner-up and she would have been my second pick for the winner. She's got some amazing pictures too. I wish that I could take pictures like that. Why do I love this show so much? Well there are some really cool personalities on the show, some good cat-fights and some cool challenges. It's not all frivolity though. I think that us girls can see a bit of ourselves in some of the contestants and it makes us think a bit about ourselves, how we can identify with their insecurities and also realize that some of the things that we beat ourselves up over are ridiculous. For the guys, well, it's a show about hot girls.
I love fashion, art (I'm a very visual person) and I admire people who can perform under high-pressure situations. I get chills when I watch gymnastics or figure skating routines and this show is no different. They make them dance, do runway shows, take photographs, and do interviews. Man that's tough! I secretly wish that in some warped world, I could be doing that, but I think I would have horrific stage fright, so I just live vicariously through the show haha. I remember getting an adrenaline rush out of performing cultural dances when I was younger, however I think that my fear of performing in public has increased over the years. Anyhow, I'm looking forward to seeing how Naima does in the future.

Naima


Kahlen

Is beauty universal? Yes to some extent it is. Scientifically, the symmetry of the face is a trait that is unconsciously perceived as being beautiful. Even babies have this preference. Other traits of beauty still remain a mystery. Attractiveness on the other hand is a conscious thing. I think that we choose to be attracted to someone, it's whether we allow ourselves to be open to others. It's why humans cheat, or preferrably, don't cheat on on their significant others. It's why some people are attracted to a specific profile: hair colour, eye colour, race, height. Some people have it instantly good if people find them attractive, especially in first-time, short, random encounters. For instance, this guy Matt, a relatively good-looking guy, went up to the bus ticket counter and the girl helping him just about jumped into his pants! Life must be good for him. The way people treat you will affect how you treat them, it's all reciprocal. Maybe that's why some people are so obsessed with making themselves look good.
I decided to work out this morning with some success. I only focused on the upper body because, well, it's easier for me. I have a pseudo gym in my basement with sufficient weights to get a work out done. My house is much too cold to be wearing shorts and a t-shirt unless you're moving around. So although it's a really nice day out today, I was so cold after the work out. Then I jumped into a hot shower until my fingers went pruney. My shower head is kind of clogged now because I've neglected to clean it for a long time. Instead of a nice dispersed stream, water comes out in a lumpy down-pour. If I positioned my back right, it actually felt like acupuncture therapy. Anyways, I better use this long weekend to do some cleaning.
I saw Hitch on Thursday with Amanda. It was enjoyable as one of those brainless but entertaining movies. Will Smith and Eva Mendes has enviable wardrobes. It makes me want to get back to sewing again. I spent some of yesterday fixing some shirts for Colleen to make them smaller. Now that I don't have to study this summer, I think I'll make some garments!
Rambu was purring today for the first time.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home