Lots of random things
Well I'll revisit some events from the weekend because I left so abruptly when the little birdies left us. I was really hopeful that they would be flying away within a couple of days. I think I'm still traumatized after seeing them die. I actually cried and we buried them in our backyard. Just because I cried over birds doesn't mean that I can't be a doctor. I will just be more emotional than most.
A few quotes from the weekend:
Me: Mom if the egg is old, why don't you throw it out?
Mom: Don't order me what to do.
Andi (at her apartment): Are you thirsty?
Me: Yes, I'm really thirsty.
Andi: There's some stuff in the fridge. Get it yourself.
Geez, what a nice family I have hehe.
So I got my new passport picture done the other day. I was feeling really good about it because I had done up my hair and I was even wearing a new shirt. I know, I know...it's just a passport picture, and who sees what you wear in a passport picture? I know what I wore, that's all that matters. It's one of those pictures that is destined to be horrible, despite your efforts to look decent. Kind of like bad driver's licence pictures. I figured that the picture quality would be pretty good, it's on real film, but you don't get to smile. The picture lady also made me take off my lip gloss. I was sure she was just going to tell me to wash my face completely. When I went to pick it up a few hours later I was really disappointed. If I didn't look scary before, now I surely do. If that's what I always look like when I don't smile, I am sorry to the world that you have to look at that. Maybe with a little plastic surgery I can get a perma-smile. I also look like I'm 12 (younger than usual).
On Wednesday I had to complete an application for graduate studies, just in case I don't get into med school. Do I really want to do a Master's? Well, maybe not, even if I don't get into med school. I really do get self-fulfillment out of research but I'm not so sure I want to commit myself to 2 years of it, then apply to med school again. I hate writing applications. Some part of me feels really phony, trying to impress people. You've gotta do what you've gotta do. Essentially if everybody does it, it just becomes par for the course. Unless you have such strong convictions that you would rather not conform just on principle, and then you get nowhere.
The grad applications annoyingly coincided with the release of med school acceptances/rejections/waitlists. Well I found out that I was waitlisted at Ottawa on Tuesday, therefore I had to apply to grad school on Wednesday. SUCKS!!!!!! It doesn't look good. It's one of those courtesy "you're on the waiting list, but you're unlikely to get in because you suck" responses. Assholes, just tell me I'm rejected, I can't take the kick in the stomach like that. I have yet to hear from two more schools and I'm starting to get really anxious. Well I just heard that two of my classmates got into Ottawa, congratulations to them. Anyways, there was a lot of running around to get my transcripts, reference letters, written application and $30 application fee together. I hope that in the end, that work will all be for nothing if you know what I mean.
The Knights won the Memorial Cup on Sunday to cap off an amazing season. They only lost something like 2 home games all season and hold the record of 31 games unbeaten in the CHL. That's really impressive. I wonder what it would be like to be attending Saunders again, having the famous London Knights roaming the hallways. Back in the day, the Knights were very mediocre, just "those guys". They attended classes rarely, and if they did, were very anti-social with the rest of the population. It must be much different now that they are local and arguably national celebrities. I'll tell you one thing, the puck bunnies are probably out in full force as usual. Haha, it reminds me of the time Susan and I bought these Valentine's candy grams for a couple of the Knights in our OAC calculus class. I can't remember who they were, but we put this coded message on it kind of like a Jumble. They were trying so hard to guess who it was, never thinking that random people would send one. It was really funny to see the confused looks on their faces, and they never figured out what the message was (I think it was something like Asian Squared). Yeah we were weird. I'm not a stalker I swear.
Paul made out with a girl at Mezie's house! Sorry I just had to say that. I still think of Paul as this little boy, who squeals so cutely like a girl. Haha, little Paul is growing up.
I just experience a "nudge" on MSN 7.0. It scared the crap out of me! Making my eyes go all crazy, I thought that they were spasming and that I was losing focus. Silly tricks Boon. Like the time when you were using the cordless keyboard to screw around with me, typing in random things on the laptop. I seriously thought it was being hacked into. I know it wasn't an accident!
Oh, oh I got a homerun last night. Woohoo, first one in a couple of years. A drive over the centrefielder's head! Finally I made contact with the ball. It also helped that the girl bobbled the ball too. I had to stop at every base to make sure that the girl ahead of me was advancing. It must have looked like quite the debacle. We ended up losing the game though to North Blue (I'm guessing the score was 13-7). One really bad inning and we couldn't catch up. I'm sick of playing them. We've played them 3 out of our last 4 games.
Alright, well I think that's enough randomness for now.

1 Comments:
Nudge Nudge!!
Post a Comment
<< Home