Thursday, March 02, 2006

Shorty

On a scale of 1-10 how normal do I feel today? I'd have to say 5.
In a good way or bad way? Well I would probably describe my abnormality as being related to my mood. I don't exactly feel like myself lately and I guess not feeling like yourself could be considered bad. We'll see how the remainder of the week turns out.

I survived the exam on Wednesday. But to be honest, I can't say I remember much of what was on the exam or the stuff I needed to know for it. I'm still working on depositing useful and relevant information into long-term memory. I don't have much time to ponder this (or can't afford the time to) as more work ahead seems to put this issue on the backburner. Although it is always there, festering...

This concern leads me into the FACT OF THE DAY:
How much of new information is retained? 1%.
And how much repetition is required to commit something to long-term memory? 55 times!!!!

Frig. This is bad news for me. 55 times???

Twice this week pizza has been delivered to my apartment. And no, despite the fact that I have been studying for exams, I did not order pizza. Perhaps I could have paid for it and not have had to make my own dinner. Nah. The last time I ate a whole pizza was.....never.

OK so last night I was really disturbed. I went to sleep at around midnight. My neighbour chronically plays loud music, and he turned it down slightly because he got a noise complaint (*which technically didn't come from me*). Nonetheless, I can still hear the music, it is just faintly heard. Anyhow, last night I heard something different. Sporadic screaming (a male voice). "AHHHHHHHHH........NOOOOOOOOOO....ERRRRRHHHHHH......BLEEEEEEEEE......"
OK what the hell? Does anybody else have to listen to this? It wasn't sexual or anything, at least I hope not. It sounded like someone was exalting in pain. D-sturbing. No wonder I woke up all groggy and in a strange mood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web hit counter