Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Some people.

I have to complain about my neighbours. Considering I live in a 28-storey condo, there are many different people that I "interact" with every day. I have been living in this building for 2 years already, and I have never had any issues with my neighbours, but for some reason there has been a cluster of incidents in just the last 2 weeks.

1) Running to get into an open elevator, I put my hand out to stop the door from closing. I got onto the elevator with my sister and her bf. Sister's bf also held the door for someone behind us, whom opted to take the next elevator. The lady who already occupied the elevator was obviously ticked off by the extra 30 seconds she had to wait for the door to close and lacking inhibition, she said in a very hostile tone, "there are other elevators." Wow. Not only did she direct that comment towards us rather passive-aggressively, she made the elevator ride up the 17 floors very awkward. Needless to say, I did not ignore that comment, and gave her a classic Lesley cut-eye...if only to remember her face for the next time I see her. Some people are inconsiderate.

2) Don't you hate it when you are opening the door for one person and 5 people walk through? Well these hooligans decided to bust through the doorway after I opened the door to my condo for someone. Since they didn't make eye contact with me, I knew they weren't even going to thank me for holding the door, so I decided to walk through. And these losers tried to squeeze by me as I held and walked through the door. Of course, they didn't thank me for holding the door. Some people are spoiled.

3) There have been building issues with people expecting our concierges to buzz through residents. The concern being that concierges feel obliged to buzz people in even if they do not recognize people as residents. To prevent any trouble, there is now a policy that the concierges will not buzz you through, even if they know you. Yesterday I was walking into the building and tried to catch the door to come in before it closed, so as not to have to use my buzz key, even though I had my key in hand. The lady coming out of the door actually tried to close the door on me so as to not appear as though she was letting me through. So I had one hand on the door handle and she's physically trying to close it on me! She looked like an idiot because she had to struggle against the door which had one of those hinges that has some resistance to closing. I just looked at her like she was crazy, waved my keys at her and told her the concierge knows who I am. Some people need to use better judgment.

4) Some guy moving his stuff was told he couldn't wear rollerblades in the building. Unfortunately, he didn't have any shoes to wear so he had to take them off and walk around in his socks. My poor friend was in the same predicament when he came over to my place wearing his rollerblades. This guy decided to warn my friend that he would be told to take off his rollerblades upon entering the building. At least we thought he was trying to warn him...turns out he was actually complaining to us. When my friend tried to discretely rollerblade past the concierge to the elevator, I heard this guy rat on my friend to the concierge, whom then ran after my friend to yell at him. Some people are so immature.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web hit counter