Animal Stories
I woke up this morning thoroughly disturbed. By the time I woke up, it was 10:30am, very late for work. After rushing out of bed, I realized that I had been having dreams that prevented me from waking up. Usually that's not a good sign. My dream involved birds. There were two beautiful birds, one white and one blue. Suddenly, they started attacking each other, pecking with their beaks and ripping each other's feathers out. I was mortified because they were being so vicious and bleeding from attacking each other. Apparently they were fighting over a female bird. I tried saving them, but to no avail. Well I'm sure a lot more happened, but that's most of what I remembered. When I woke up I felt like throwing up.
Maybe I was subconsciously reacting to the bad smell that was coming from my blanket. I think Rambu peed on my bed. As I was about to sleep, I turned my room fan on because it's soooo hot. Anyways, this putrid smell was wafting through the room periodically. I thought something was burning at first, but then realized it was coming from my own blanket. Then I saw the stain. Yech! Bad, bad cat! He knows how to use the litter, there's evidence all over my floor. I wonder why he peed on my bed. Ok, I did sleep in my bed that night, but on the other side of the bed, away from the pee stain. But I intend on washing my blanket today. It's a good thing that I saved the Febreze from my sister's place.
I saw Boris today at the lab. After a short hiatus, he's back. And there's a Mrs. Boris. Alfred says that there are some babies too. Boris was busy hehe.
Some people in the lab work with mice. Every so often, there are mice in our lab to be used for experimentation. I usually go into the animal room to look at the little guys. I think they're so cute and I'm grateful that I don't have to do experiments with animals. Sometimes there are more than 10 babies in one cage. So I was looking at the mice today, doing my usual "aww's" when to my horror I saw a little baby, still pink and eyes closed, half-eaten. Did you know mice eat their young???? What the hell? Then I looked closer and saw other animal parts, paws here, legs there. Soooo gross! I think my perception of mice has changed drastically.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home