Saturday, March 31, 2007

How do you dress yourself?

With my impending exam who has time to write? Who even has time to think? Oh wait, thinking might be useful for the exam. Anyway, this'll be short.

How do you dress yourself? I think getting dressed in the morning is such a fun activity. I don't plan out what to wear the night before, so choosing what to wear in the morning is guaranteed to be a spontaneous activity for me. Shall I say, if my day turns out to be boring and uneventful, getting dressed is the most exciting thing I do all day! Let's see...getting dressed first involves putting on underwear and a bra. I haven't devolved to wearing matching undergarments yet (who has the money for that?) so it's usually a haphazard experience. I might think for maybe 2 seconds whether or not I want to wear sporty underwear or something that doesn't show mad panty lines. Then the bra is chosen based on a mixture of colour, whether it is clean or not and comfort. Today for instance, I chose a comfy bra, one that probably is compromised in the shape and style department, but is nonetheless suitable for an entire day at the library. Interestingly enough, my whole outfit revolved around my bra today. So given the lack of architectural integrity, I decided to wear a looser-fitting short with a tank top underneath it. The top was a black T, off-the-shoulder and long with a green graphic print. That's a pretty difficult top to match, so I went with pants that were also black. I also needed some pants that were comfy AND had some give at the waistline...and voila, black yoga-style pants! Socks...meh didn't really matter much today. Then a practical sweater I threw on just to keep warm. I was wishing for warmer weather to be here, so I threw on my jean jacket.

And there you have it, some insight into my brain. It's such an organic process...granted, it would save me a lot of time in the morning if I already knew what I was going to wear the night before, but you know, I've been having many boring days lately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web hit counter