Sunday, August 16, 2009

Budget Diet

I am always so perplexed at how people with little money can eat so unhealthy. There are a number of confounding factors, yes, but on the whole, it should not be that difficult to eat natural, unprocessed foods. A bag of green beans from the grocery store recently cost me 93 cents! And if you use reusable bags, you save 5 cents on plastic bags.

Simply put, junk food just tastes damn good. Gourmet food also tastes damn good, but uses a lot of butter and sometimes makes use of the deep fryer. In today's day and age, we seem to struggle with eating healthy, appetizing food and maintaining a healthy body image and size.

Since I haven't been exercising very much in the last few weeks, I devised a new diet. It's what I call the "budget diet". If only to prove that you can diet by watching your pocket book, I hope to prove the point that you can eat healthy, even if you don't have a lot of money. This ultimately means, spending less money on crappy food, eating out less, and portion control...all can be achieved by reducing the amount of money spent on food per week. And at the end of the day, there's more money to be spent on other things. Like bills.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web hit counter